Wednesday 28 March 2012

March 27


March 28

I can't say much about today because I've spent most of the time asleep, the only way I know how to deal with a migraine – the second side effect of a narcotic (“but tramadol isn't an narcotic” says the pharmaceutical! - I can see why people who like the “high” of a narcotic wouldn't like it if it has all the side effects and none of the "upper").

Two people left – by Ethiopian airlines and by the technique of simply going to the airport and hanging around until they found a flight out to anywhere. They will be in Morocco looking for the next flight out of Morocco. Not a bad technique but not one that I could take on at this time.

I am well cared for, the remaining woman of our team came into the room to check upon me in regular intervals – more than I knew because she often found me asleep.

The fierce headache has me looking up symptoms of malaria and constantly feeling my forehead (??). Do I have a fever? No. Could I have some other sort of debilitating illness?  When there is already a known connection, why look for worse?  What if it is a subarachnoid bleed?  Goodness, I'm as bad as a medical student!

It's a bit of a relief to wake at midnight feeling weak but better. Now to heal the back and open the airport to Brussels Air by Sunday night. Wednesday is supposed to be a day of protest but no one seems to know who is doing the protesting nor whether they are pro or anti coup. 

 Needless to say I won't be going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment